Please refer to our Folklife and Traditional Arts guidelines before submitting.
ARTISTRY REVIEW CRITERIA – 50%
- The artists involved are traditional artists, according to the criteria listed above.
- The artists’ work is of high quality, as demonstrated by support materials, in keeping with their community’s aesthetic and cultural standards.
- There is evidence that the artists involved are recognized as capable practitioners of their art forms within the identified community (ies) or group (s).
IMPACT REVIEW CRITERIA – 30%
- The project has the potential to raise the visibility of and appreciation for the art form within the identified community and/or build bridges between the identified community and other groups by raising awareness about the art form.
- The applicant demonstrates a commitment to folklife and traditional arts documentation and/or programming through consistent past programming or plans for future projects.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT REVIEW CRITERIA – 20%
- The application presents a project that is manageable and achievable within the scope of the activities of the applicant organization.
- The project involves personnel with knowledge of folklife documentation and/or traditional arts programming methods
Please refer to our Roster of Approved Artists webpage before submitting.